View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2023, 01:05 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,511 Times in 2,720 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Omaha Beach - Scen #9

This is my latest test using a Custom map ( so one edited and saved then reloaded for use in the test )

I tried to recreate it exactly as the previous examples

This is how it looked after I cleared the smoke from the bombardment..... there are FOUR "missing" buildings

Then I saved it and reloaded the save

My previous tests were all done from a generated battle. I started it, went to Edit map...... I edited the map and then targeted the buildings with arty and let the turn play out.. THE BATTLE WAS NOT SAVED THEN PLAYED

The critical difference **appears to be** the map had never undergone a save before the barrage was applied to it in the first examples I posted earlier today

This last example that shows building gone after the bombardment but returned after re-loading the save were all made as custom maps, then saved, then applied to a battle ( generated or scenario ) and those ones showed missing buildings

To confirm that will requiure all the same tests done again and again to see if the problem orginates with the saving of the map before the test is run OR if that is just a one-off co-incidence

Ain't this fun ?

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: