View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2023, 12:58 AM

Corporal

lukerduker123 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Foxhole Mod for Steel Panthers WWII

Twelve days, an almost medical emergency (Thought my hernia became entrapped), and an actual emergency (Co-worker's girlfriend has cancer, which means I'm managing everything while he's tending to her like a good fellow) later, and I'm back with some updates and questions.

First off, spreadsheets are amazing. I can see why people get paid the big bucks to manage them. I've set up quite a few spreadsheets to help keep track of stuff, which I've already detailed in the previous post, but those spreadsheets only keep growing as I keep piling more onto it.

Right now I'm working on penetration. As a relatively young, spry fellow I should be quite skilled at this sort of thing, but unfortunately the opposite appears true. SO! Here's my biggest question of the week. Penetration: what determines it the most? Is it purely decided by warhead size, or does the maximum range, AP, and some sort of random fairy dust help to decide the average penetration of a shell?

I ask this because I'm attempting to make sure every gun has a purpose. What's the point of having the monstrous 94.5mm if the 68mm can penetrate every vehicle in the game? I want to break vehicles down into different levels, to ensure that only certain guns can penetrate them from the front at certain distances so no gun feels pointless.

Finally, a new update for Foxhole released recently and, as of typing this up, the vehicles are being sketched out. Hopefully this'll release before Foxhole's next huge update.. Whenever that is.

Thanks for your patience. Hopefully I'll have something soon-ish that isn't just babble, images, and vague promises.