Thread: MBT's
View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2024, 10:20 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,239 Times in 927 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

Alright got just a little bit of time here as I really would like to enjoy the rest of this night before going back to work Tue.

1. I'm able to safely get to the KPA Journal site without issues. The links are still good to the most recent tanks N. Korea was operating with full analysis at the time of each that we were trying to decode ourselves between Don, Marcello and myself at the time.

2. Time to meet the man:
https://www.csis.org/people/joseph-s-bermudez-jr
His resume is most impressive and it always "bugged" why his name sounded familiar. After reading the above I found out why it was his writing for JANEs in particular IHS Markit (formerly the Jane's Information Group) on material unrelated to this topic or Thread. There are few that can rival his current employer in the world as well.

3. KPA Journal seems to be "live" but not updated since Dec. 2013 for his last publication. He did respond at the time to a couple of inquiries from me regarding the tanks in question at the time which as some here know is not something I haven't done in the past with some success in the past except for France. I see there's an email on the site maybe I'll take a shot.

4. From this Thread again, Pages 11-14 are in play. In particular POST 114 PG. 12. I've started to read again refs 2-4 of that post as it relates to the tanks.

5. So far since my post from a couple of days ago I'm convinced there is definitely some metal work been done to the M2020/2024 tanks.
I'm also taking a hard look at the masts of the tank in particular a GPS and Weather masts that are critical part of any modern FCS.

I have time to figure this out. Just as I feel the T-14 ARMATA is more a "Paper Tiger" (Not necessarily saying it's a bad tank but, I don't think it's much better or as good as the T-90M 2023.) I feel the M2020/2024 tanks won't be much better in fact I feel they'll be worse.

Regards,
Pat

The "opus" could be coming.

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: