Thread: AI Air Defense
View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2011, 01:51 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AI Air Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
OK..... add up what all that costs then tell me how many infantry units the AI would buy if it only bought half as many anti air assets ( becasue that's what it will do ) and if the AI didn't buy twice as many air assets as you seem to think it should would it just make it easier for your air assets to attack and destroy ground targets and isn't that really what the complaint is about ??

Don
Granted the AI will need to spend the points elsewhere, more infantry, armor, or (god forbid) artillery.

?????
"easier for your air assets to attack and destroy ground targets"
?????

Don't you mean possible?
As is, AI air defense makes aircraft/helos pretty much a total waste of points.

On average as the US player you're given the option to purchase 2 to 4 airstrikes per battle (US aircraft cost about the same as an artillery battery ... which can't get shot down, is more accurate, and has more ammo).
Given this level of air defense none ... NONE ... of those 4 to 8 aircraft survive long enough to make a single airstrike.

Since apparently I'm the only person that thinks aircraft should be viable vs the AI (not just players that forget to buy AD) I'll quit beating this dead horse.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein