Thread: AI Air Defense
View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2011, 02:10 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: AI Air Defense

Well I'm going to offer my less than "two cents" here, being strictly an AI player, the anti-air systems do seem high at times, however, I agree that if I was the AI fighting the U.S. I would even throw out the "kitchen sink" too get as much AA in the field as possible. Even when I play the U.S. or some other comparable country against even a lesser opponent I always have AA units by my 4th or 5th turn at the latest to counter any possible air threat that seem to generally be experienced units when they do show up with all that means against my units. In the case of Iran they certainly have plenty of AA to use, see the ref below. It would seem that the better question is, is the AI intuitive in it's equipment selection depending on who it's playing against country wise or is it just random selection? As to the man-pad issue I'll send my condolences along to the families of the air crews I've lost to the AI units with them, you cannot discount the experience level even when playing the AI and the level of difficulty you're set up to play the game in, these factors seem to get forgotten about by many who play th game or just plane under estimate the AI.
http://www.armyrecognition.com/iran_..._pictures.html

Regards,
Pat