View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2011, 10:25 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,446 Times in 2,700 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Vehicle Size- Does size matter?

I'll keep this simple

1/ We are NOT going to implement a mathematical formula to determine vehicle size in the game. It is an enormous waste of time and man hours for more reason than I care to itemize but for one ANY "information" used to determine vehicle length would have to EXCLUDE gun overhang and a high percentage of specs give the maximum length that includes gun barrels and gun barrels don't figure in to a size calculation like that. What you will end up with is, in the vast majority of cases, the same numbers we already use as you have already discovered. I didn't need all the math to know that.

2/ I said "1-6 is the standard for tanks since SP1" as in little tankettes are one and a Koenigstiger is 6 and everything else fits in between with something extraordinary like the Maus being a 7 with most tanks fitting into the 4 -5 range.

3/ All of that diverts away from that "Most OOB's have many size discrepancies between vehicles and countries with same equipment" claim and I'm still waiting for the list.

Don

Last edited by DRG; November 28th, 2011 at 10:32 AM..