View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2021, 09:39 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: International Defence Green and White Papers

I found this very interesting...

From the Navy Technology website...

"9. 9DASHLINE’s tweet on discovery of Chinese submarine drone in the Indian Ocean
9DASHLINE, a website providing analysis on the Indo-Pacific region, shared an article on a Chinese submarine drone being discovered near the Selayar Island in South Sulawesi province in Indonesia. The drone was found by Indonesian fishermen and may have been assessing Indonesian waters to evaluate potential ways to penetrate into the Indian Ocean.

The glider drone was found near two strategic routes between the Indian Ocean and South China Sea, the Lombok Strait and the Sunda Strait. This raises concerns over the possibility of the Chinese Navy collecting significant information via the drones to utilize the two straits during future hostilities."

The next I'll call "The 2/3's you'll rarely see." USS Tennessee was the first Trident Submarine to come to NAVSUBASE KBAY in early 1990.

If you click on the "tweet" pictures they'll "blow up" for a better look.

However the above ones have a shot a little after Sunrise as it's about to transition to the Drydock controller.

In all the pictures you'll see the diesel is running to provide power (And not propulsion.) to the boat.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ph...e=BB1dt3lJ_1|4

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..