View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2010, 04:01 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tomb Kings: The Honorable Dead

And this is without playing the nation.... Give them a whirl baalz, I think you'll find plenty of neat things to do with them. I know I didn't do a great job of showing them off against you in lapis, you missed out on lots of fun there.

I like your idea of using tomb princes as researchers, at least part time. I had that same idea too last night actually. They have perfectly decent stats, and come on top of a chariot so have built in trample. Expansion with them is, as trumanator said, a bit hit or miss. Although I think I was testing at one point and was getting more hit than miss. But anyway, it would not be hard to make one take pretty nasty effect against opposing armies. With an e9w9 bless and, say, a shield of gleaming gold, you could make them into decently durable little mad bombers.

Some of those national summons could use a little extra elaboration, too. For example those tart-killing servants of horus also have a bit of fire damage on their spear, have some reinvigoration and are either highly resistant or completely immune to fire. And this is a nation that can easily cast weapons of sharpness or strength of giants. The best part is that they're summoned with fire gems, giving you an excellent way to use fire gems in the late game.

The national holy spells could've used a bit more attention too. Most of the tomb kings units are pretty fragile, especially for their gold and resource costs. It's very easy to find them being quite inefficient. The holy spells can help significantly here, variously increasing strength, protection and fire resistance, giving your undead regeneration, and of course healing them outright. All of which can also be used on traditional undead units as well.
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP