View Single Post
Old August 29th, 2008, 10:46 AM

Lieutenant General

Xietor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: KingMaker - let the Ascension War commence!

An unexpected problem has arisen. New Orleans may be under a mandatory evacuation order before Llamaserver comes back up. They are talking about a mandatory evacuation of the city 8/30/08, the same day Llamaserver is expected back up. As you might imagine, that also leaves me with many things to do today besides dominions.

If that happens, I will be out of the loop indefinitely(3-4 days) and will not be able to do anything to the game(while many may be quietly cheering at that prospect). But I will not be able to change Hadrian back, will not be able to make sure that everyone has a fresh 48 hours to get in their turns, and will likely stale turn myself(though I will certainly look for a sub).

To make matters worse, 2 weeks ago my laptop died(wtg HP) and some tech told me it would be cheaper to buy a new one than repair my 2 year old HP laptop. So I do not have the means to do stuff even if my hotel has internet.

Llamabeast has quite recently said he does not have the time to admin. this game, and
I prefer not to get anyone playing in the game to admin. it while I am away. And I am also not likely to turn over the keys to anyone i do not know well. But i will try to think of something, but the game may just be on autopilot for 3 or 4 days.

The worst effect of that will be Hadrian will have to continue to watch his capable sub wreck havoc on the world, and it is going to be pot luck what the game timer will be when the server comes back online.

"[Mayor] Nagin said during an earlier City Hall briefing that it is "very probable" he will call a mandatory evacuation for New Orleans, though likely not any sooner than Saturday morning."

Last edited by Xietor; August 29th, 2008 at 10:58 AM..