View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2010, 06:41 PM

Sergeant

MarkL is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Welcome Star Legacy Development Group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alikiwi View Post
I haven't read that forum, but i can say with 99.9% certainty, no! This is a whole new game from the ground up, taking the best ideas of anything (relevant), and developing whole new ideas. You can check out the discussions over here > http://www.kenvsthecity.com/se45/
This is very much in the discussion stage, with prototype development, and testing new layouts, system views etc. It is very likely that the system view will be scrollable (is that a word?!) and zoomable
Thanks for the link, to that site.

I like the idea of a "scrollable & zoomable" interface. For some reason (apart from activation to get patches) I could not get into "Sins of a Solar Empire" but I think the zoom to mouse pointer is an excellent idea that should be copied when ever possible. For me Sins has one of the better interfaces I have seen in a long while. But the tree on the left of the Sins screen could use a bit of work to be more user friendly.

I do not know if it is decided but I think 3D for space battles is really needed if you want a wide rather than very niche market.

I also like the idea of surface combat, a must I think.

This looks like something to keep an eye on, as I not found a game of this type that really suits me yet.

Cheers MarkL