View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2007, 09:49 PM

Sergeant

Salamander8 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MP gude to Rlyeh MA/LA

Quote:
The various lesser hybrids - are dreadful. You'd rather have independent infantry.
I would never build the Hybrid Troopers. But I found the freespawns to be handy. They are at least amphibious and have decent morale.

Quote:
Have you checked MA R'lyeh on land? Do they get land units?
Coastal forts net you Hybrid Troopers, Hybrid Soldiers, Starchildren, and Hybrid Lords. I believe that is it. Land-locked forts don't net you any nationals if I recall correctly.

Quote:
You think rlyeh is a worse bless nation than MA Ulm? Do you fear my all powerful generic 50 gold priests of doom?
I think Evilhomer is referencing employing the sacreds more than getting them blessed. I find Yomi and EA R'Lyeh to be worse nations for using masses of blessed troops though, at least among the nations I have played. The void gate creatures are all sacred and some of them are really deadly even before being blessed. A W9/S9 cluster of Greater Othernesses is scary. On the other hand, massing blessed troops as MA or LA R'Lyeh is difficult thanks to the randomness of the gate, which I believe is your main point here Evilhomer? Some of them are immobile or aquatic, which makes massing the little beauties even harder.

Great guide Evilhomer. The scale settings I found especially informative, although taking misfortune makes me shiver.