Thread: AAR Vistula crossing
View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2018, 06:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Vistula crossing

Turns 6-10

The small team of 2 Abrams and Polish scouts at (1) advances until it gets fired upon by BMP-3 Kornet tank destroyers at (2). One Abrams is knocked out. Polish F-16s appear in the sky and neutralize the threat. The other Recon/Abrams team moves up to (3) and engages a couple of light recon, eliminating them.

The Leopard company moves south to help the T-72 battalion in its battle to the south. I want to eliminate that threat as fast as possible, thus I am willing to use my best tanks to ensure victory. At (4) the lead Leopard is engaged by another BMP-3 Kornet at (5). My tanks fire upon the threat ineffectively, then retreat into cover. My F-16s destroy that target as well. The Leos move south where they are about to engage Belarusian forces moving north as seen in (6).

To the south, Belarusians manage to eliminate the Recon platoon in Gzin Dolny and move west. My air force strikes the Belarusian forces, destroying a mech company equivalent, as well as two T-72s in (7). At (8), the two tank forces meet each other in Czarze. The engagement can be better described as a knife fight, since tanks fight each other at a maximum of 400 meters, with most engagements happening at 100 meters or less. By turn 10, Belarusians lose 11 T-72B1s, while the Poles lose 2 T-72M1s. Poles also maneuver to the south at (9) to outflank their enemy. Their tanks are fired upon by BMP-2s at (10), but artillery strikes and tank fire wipe the latter out.

Poles receive more reinforcements. In addition to the F-16s mentioned above, they also receive a motorized battalion of Rosomak IFVs (wheeled, thermal imaging, 30mm cannon and Spike ATGMs. What more can I ask?) marked as (11), as well as the rest of the Leopard battalion marked as (12). The latter will advance to the north and get ready for any potential Russian appearance. The motorized battalion will support the T-72s south.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aeraaa For This Useful Post: