Old February 2nd, 2015, 03:42 PM

Private

Chris Steadman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Disappointing End :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Felix View Post
It's a really great game.

You can play with Permadeath off.

Or you can figure out how to play with Permadeath on but with save and reload enabled.
Yes, I know how to do that but it kind of misses the point of playing with permadeath on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibol View Post
Devourers have the following description: "Apocalyptic Planet Eater!"Run first, ask questions later.
I would guess that in the targeting readout they were registering a threat of about 999%. (They also have the slowest speed in the game. RUN!)

Also, you are free to play without perma-death. That's why I made it an option. Having already won once, you've earned the justification.
I guess that I didn't explain the situation well enough. I couldn't even run. I was in the middle of three of them. I tried running but whichever way I went it brought me closer to one of them as the other two 'chased' me.

I have no problem playing with perma-death on, but I did feel, strongly, that there was nothing I could have done. It was an exponential leap in game violence that I was, obviously, not prepared for. Perhaps I allowed myself to become, over two games, too comfortable with opponents the likes of Pirates and Gruffs, but it would have been nice if the game had dropped some hints of what needed to prepared for.

It will be a while before I try the game again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Steadman For This Useful Post: