View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2018, 02:04 AM

Corporal

lukerduker123 is on a distinguished road
Potion An idea for 'body armor'

I'm not sure how backed up the back log of suggestions for this game is (I guess very!), but I figured I might as well throw in a suggestion I've been sitting on for a little over a year. It involves body armor. Now now, don't groan, I know body armor in this game is non-existent, nor should it really exist due to how it works in real life. But, what if I'm a modder that wants to add in something like Russkies wearing those fat slabs of steel like they were prone to do in WWII, or power-armor marines in some far-off sci-fi mod?

The idea comes from aircraft. Infantry theoretically have armor values, but they don't use them. You give an infantry guy ten armor and he'll just up and die anyways because that's not how infantry works. Instead, why not have it so that the 'front' armor represents an added toughness value. Infantry toughness goes up 10% for each point of 'front armor', up to 100% or the game's limit of 250%.

I ain't too technically savvy, but I think something like that is doable. I could be horrifically, horrifically wrong (as I'm prone to being), but I think it's a fairly reasonable idea. I'm open to criticisms, corrections, and the like! Shoot, if you think it's an absolutely horrible idea, just tell me!