View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2020, 02:11 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

That was useful!

What I got from it was...

1. It's confirmed that LAHAT launcher system carries 12 missiles with a semi-carousal auto loader, the system is more compact then I thought and appears might not in fact impact other main gun ammo supply. This of course might affects in real terms the Indian ARJUN Mk-1A and certainly the most recent versions of the Israel's MERKAVA. At 4:05 point.

2. ABRAMs never has the armor penetrated by an ATGW. RPG's is another story, until TUSK came along.

3. CHALLENGER 2 are we possibly under representing it's armor? If I remember (Should've made a "real" note.) correctly one took 15 RPG hits with no armor penetrations' during Iraqi Freedom Ops.

4. Looks like from the video South Koreas K2 is also equipped now with the KASAM II Smart Top Attack ammo. I believe with the modifications we made last year to the K2 PIP we allowed for this ammo. The ref. last para offers some performance data...
https://nationalinterest.org/blog/re...e-cheap-173046

5. LeClerc is really fast!

Don't think I missed anything, but, I'm sure someone will tell me if I did.!?!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..