View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2007, 11:29 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,423 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: HUGE issue with the campaign generator

Quote:
pdoktar said:<snip> However if I start a fixed core campaign it gives the: "cannot delete existing core formation." So somehow the game treats generated campaigns as fixed core campaigns, when I´m starting to purchase the core units. <snip>
Yes, that's one possiblility but remember.... not all machines have this problem. Neither Andy or I or one of our playtesters have ever been able to NOT delete core formations and one of our other Playtesters game has suddenly allowed him to do it whereas when the problem was first noted he could not and our other playtester has never been able to delete a core formation since the problem was identified. Another reason this message appears is after the first game is played in a generated campaign and although your theory could indeed be the reason for this so could the game thinking that it's already played a battle.

The thing is, we didn't make any changes to that code for this version so the mystery only deepens

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....