View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2010, 06:15 PM

Major General

Meglobob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Land Rand - Jotunheim Wins!

We shouldn't under estimate Micah here, he's a seriously good player, indeed if there was a vote for best Dom3 player he would probably get my vote. So Micah plus Jotun (possibly strongest nation in MA?) was always going to be fav to win this game, especially with no diplomacy. I am not so sure me/Ctis and Mictlan could have beaten Jotuns even together and even if Ermor had not made a strategic error of attacking Mictlan. So the Micah/Jotuns was a very worthy winner in my opinion and fully deserved.

Suggestions to improve RAND :-

Get rid of random nations, getting stuck with nation you did not want to play like I was, just sucks. My reason for not wanting to play Ma Ctis was simply I had just finished playing a 80+ turn game with them and the last nation I wanted to play again straight away was Ma Ctis. A good system is if each player puts upto five nations they are willing to play and then assigned randomly.

VP's are constantly being put too high, if 1 player had really wanted to be stubborn we would have had to play this game for another upteen turns until finally the Jotuns won anyway.

Perhaps consider playing RAND/no diplomacy up until a random turn between 30-50, that turn remains secret until its announced. Then all nation ownership is revealed and normal diplomacy is allowed. This will spice the game up alot and make the endgame more exciting.

Oh and a big thanks to Pasha for hosting this game!