View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2005, 01:34 AM

Private

moondoggi is on a distinguished road
Default Bug in demo, fighting one handed.

I was playing the demo tutorial 3, and one of my ships took a few turns to board and capture a French ship. It took many shots from short range, as a result of this all but 2 of its cannons were knocked out. I was pleasently suprised by this because it never happened to me before in an age of sail game. So I thought, ok. I can only fire on one side effectively, fighing with one hand behind my back.

I ran into cofusion when I checked my Ship enterface. I got conflicting reports on the statis of my cannons. The crew report showed the starboard side was out. The attachment was taken a few turns later after I lost all cannons on that side:

And the other ships enterfaces indicated the port side was out. After playing I saw that it was the port side that was working. Because one turn I moved to fire to starboard, it looked like it should from the crew interface, I had crew assigned to it. But after I moved it couldn't fire port. Bottom line if I just went by the crew alocation interface, I would have all my gun crews on the starboard side twidleing there thumbs, and my cannons unmaned.
Not a big deal now that I know.

Anyway have been enjoying the demo, I was curious about how a age of sail game would play in a turn base game. Lots of good strategy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 370012-BUG01.JPG (275.9 KB, 421 views)