View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2007, 06:56 PM

First Lieutenant

PanzerBob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: long camp question, question about other campaigns

Good day, SP Fan NY

Welcome aboard.

In answer to part One.
-In campaigns, including the Long One, many things are adjustable through the PREFENANCE window. Plus during the setup for the campaign you can affect some modifiers. ALL THESE MUST BE DONE BEFORE YOU START.
>In PREF you can adjust the points.
>Points do roll over if you don't use them. Handy when you prefer to replace units as a whole.
>Now battle sizes can be affected several ways, First off by the size of your force. (This will also affect the size of the opponent.)
>Secondly, changing the time (turns –each being 3-5 mins in scale), which can be adjusted when your purchase window comes up for attached forces/build points. Click on the MAP button and you will find you can adjust many things that will affect how long the battle is. (Plus other things you may find interesting like changing the map.) There is a CLOCK icon, which allows you to change the time/turns. You can also adjust were the victory hexes will be. (I always adjust mine to reflect real military objectives like towns, crossroads, hilltops, and bridges to name a few.) You can also load a premade maps from there, from the list, or ones you’ve made yourself. Or just change the layout of the map presented for the scenario. Also you can change how far you can see. It’s an awesome feature, play around with it and you’ll see. It takes some extra time but I feel it’s worth it. Sometimes the computer generates maps that make no sense, militarily speaking.

Part TWO

I'm not sure and I'll let those in the know answer this one.

Prosit!

"Whenever in future wars the battle is fought, panzer troops will play the decisive role..."
Heinz Guderian, General der Panzertruppe