View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2007, 05:08 AM

Private

PaddirN is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Updated mod: The Babylon Project

Whew! That's some hella feedback, glad people are still enjoying the mod, bugs and all. I'll try to get to everything.

* As far as events not showing up (Morden, Delenn chrysalis), I'm guessing thats due to the number of events in the mod now. I may change the FLAG for Morden to always or just add in another wishing event to compensate. With the Delenn (and Garibaldi) change events I didn't make the two stages linked, as in under the same event file. Before it wasn't so much a problem because chances were you'd always get both events, but apparently that isn't always the case anymore. I'm sure there's a way to make both occur in the same event file, I'll just have to play around with that.

* With the Drazi sash and centauri prime victory conditions, I can imagine how I can fix that, though I'm not sure if it'll work or not. I've noticed that when trying to cram too many Conditions into Page commands it tends to just ignore the Page altogether. Although 4 is the limit I still notice problems with even this many, I usually try to keep it down to 2 or 3. We'll see what happens.

* When the fleets come to attack B5 its actually supposed to be only Shadow ships with no Drakh, but for some reason I can't figure out which Fleet numbers its using. In the quest file it goes for shadow flets -1, -5, & -10, but the fleets it actually sends out don't seem to correspond with those numbers.

* Hmmm, not sure about the fleets being stuck in transit to B5. It may have to do with the hull flags on the ships. I may just need to set them all to 'antigravity' or something. However, that would then take away the 'black hole kill' aspect of it.

* Dust has been made more expensive for the next update, making it worthwhile to keep. I also noticed the bug with the EA not immediately attacking you if you have dust onboard and I've been working with it, but I'm still not sure why that is. I may just have to make a Page command that just makes the EA an enmy as long as you're carrying it aboard, and not just when you encounter them.

* With the jumpgate beacon I'm reminded of the vanilla version of weird worlds and every time I go into the weird worlds forum I always see that forum thread: "The non-violent high score list", so I figure there's gotta be at least some people who are interested in playing with an aethric mirror effect in the game. I'm tempted to make it not findable, but allow it to be wishable so that if you really want it you can get it.

Hope that covers everything.