Thread: AAR The Days Complete
View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2018, 12:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Days Complete

Part 4 (Turns 7-15)

I want to note that I made a mistake about BMP-1s equipped with Spikes. The BMPs are regular BMPs with Malyutka ATGMs, it's just that each Polish mechanized company has a couple of dismounted Spike ATGMs attached. My bad.

Anyway, to continue:

1-Russian forces at the left flank are advancing slowly towards the south, coming into close contact with the tank company that was around these woods.
2- Same with the Russian forces at the centre. They managed to clear most of resistance in Kierzyny Male. Remnants of the Polish 1/1 mech company are withdrawing south, on foot since their rides have been destroyed.

This the area just south of the one showed before. I’m posting it to better describe what happened.

1-As said before, this was the area that was occupied by my tank company. After close range tank battles, the only tank remaining is company commander’s, Major Stefanewitz. The latter has managed to make good use of the terrain to knock our 2 T90s and 8 BTR-80s from close range, disrupting the Russian forces from advancing south. The man is definitely worthy of the highest honor the Polish army can give (a quick wiki search says this one is the Virtuti Militari) and if he survives we will have the war’s first hero.
2-In addition to Major Stefanewitz, tanks and Spike ATGMs from around Markiny also caused severe casualties to the advancing Russian armor. Artillery helped in suppressing the enemy and knock out a couple of BTRs.
3-This is a T72 platoon that I sent for a wide flanking maneuver towards the western woods. A T90 from behind smoke put a temporary end to my aspirations when it knocked out the lead tank from 2700 meters.

1-The other place that saw fierce fighting was the Polish right flank in Kiertyzy Duze. As it can be seen, both Russian unit and Polish reinforcements have entered the town. In this small town, infantry, tanks, mortars and even air strikes combined to cause a living hell on earth. Both sides suffer losses in close quarters tank and infantry fighting and the Russian advance has stopped. Poles pay for that in blood and steel lost.
2-Another lone T72 that survived. It also managed to ambush 2 T90s from close range and turn them into smoking wrecks. Now that’s the kind of battle I want to give!
3-The retreating Poles from Kiertyny Male. Hopefully they will make it to the rear.

So far, things go relatively well. I managed to keep the Russian advance under a reasonable tempo and caused significant casualties. Many T90s that weren’t knocked out were immobilized, which is almost just as good. The first line of defense around Western Woods-Kiertyny male-Kiertyny Duze is almost overrun, so the next place to fight will be most probably the second line of defense (around Markiny). The big problem now is the Russian air units, since now both helos and fixed wing aircraft have appeared. They have a high EW rating and PGM munitions and have managed to cause casualties to my armor. While I found a way to deal with Russian tanks, it seems that the air force will be a much bigger problem…