View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2018, 08:28 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,423 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Game crashes all the time after new update.

OK lets try to deal with one issue at a time.

First off, we don't support full screen mode any longer. Some OS/ computer combinations will run it, others will not. Like you I used to be able to run tests of the game in FS mode then MS made some "improvement" to Win10 and now I cannot run full screen but it's not an issue for either of us as the only reason we kept it in the game was for players of older computers and OS. Desktop-windowed mode is the recommended way to run the game and it's what both Andy and I as the developers use on a daily basis......and have since it was introduced to the game. FS mode is a legacy from the DOS days

SO....the real issue is getting you set up mouse-scrolling correctly in windowed mode for your machine so you can use it without it being frustrating ( because it WILL run the game without being a problem ) and for that, I need to ask specific questions.

Start GameOptions and click on the Misc tab....

1/What value is the Map Scroll Sensitivity Zone set to?

2/What number is set up as the Scroll Speed?

NOTE TO OTHER PLAYERS.......If this is a problem you had that you resolved please feel free to jump into the conversation

First lets try a coarse adjustment. Set each of those to 100 then restart the game in Windowed - Desktop Mode and tell me if that makes things better, or worse for you....then we'll go to the next step. I am confident that we WILL be able to get this setup so it works properly for you on your machine.

Those setting I asked you to try are higher than normal but on my machine it gives a slow deliberate scroll rate...but no too slow... with lots of room at the edges of the screen to initiate it.

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; January 28th, 2018 at 08:55 AM..