View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2005, 02:39 PM

Colonel

Pyros is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1st Cav, 1966 Operations

Thanks Stephane & Remco

This is fantastic!

We have probably not only defined the US formation but also the starting point of the campaign.

I think we have made the first serious step for the project.
I don't know if anyone else has to propose something different concerning the US units involved in the campaign?
But the 1st CAV seems to be a good possibility.

If anyone has something good to propose, please do it ASAP, in order to proceed with the selection of the historical missions and the selection of the evolving core force.

As much as I like the idea of 100% historical accuracy, we should allow the player to play all historical battles with his army group, and since this is not the case for a historical army group in the size of a specific division or a specific Brigade, then we should use generalized unit formations. Our core force will be units of the CAV DIV but not any specific one, rather a Generalized formation.
Next we should think how this army formation would have to evolve... For example every few chapters/theatre of operations we could add to the existing core force new formations...
For example from the point that the player will have a company level army core we will give him after a number of Chapters/Theatre of Operations an additional Company.
The question is what type of company?

Anyway, it is much better to add to the core force of the player additional companies at predefined time intervals (as the game evolves) and letting him this way to slowly built up his army group from a company level to a Battalion.