View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2008, 12:46 AM

Colonel

DonCorazon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OW's Guide to Midgard, Scales and Skinshifters

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmikronWarrior View Post
I was reviewing this guide and saw one or two places to make an improvement, to say nothing of finally adding the third section (which was suppose to be dedicated to specific tactics). I was wondering if anybody else had a chance to try this strategy or just any other observations about Midgard in general that get worked into my edits and addenums.

Thanks.
OW, couple useful strategies I have found in my Midgard game. Midgard should really focus on developing an earth gem economy. With some minor blood empowerment and the use of a Ring of Wizardry you can have access to all the blood boosters (Blood Thorn, Armor of Twisting Thorns, Brazen Vessel) With boosters you can get an A2E1B1 to forge Blood Stones.

The beauty of a nice earth income is you can churn out Blood Stones and Earth Boots, and now any Galderman with an E path suddenly becomes one of the deadliest units on the map, because he can cloud trapeze in on an army and catch them with a Rain of Stones (E3A1 needs 1 earth gem). The A2E2 guys just need boots. Equip him with a Robe of Shadows, Pendant of Luck and trapeze him to an enemy province on your border and he can blast mages and still be in good shape to retreat. Or don't use any gear and cast Mistform first. It is amazing how much damage RoS can do and how quickly an army can route with such massive losses.

Defensively the Galderman with RoS can shut down any offensive communion if he casts it immediately since defenders go first. And even if the RoS kills him, he still will transform into a werewolf and stick around to fight, retreat, or whatever. The best defensive move though and when it becomes really wicked is when you have a fellow Galderman cast Fog Warriors before your RoS. You can obliterate an entire batallion of enemy mages and lightly armored army without a single loss.
i crossed blades with the mightiest warriors of the golden age. i witnessed with sorrow the schism that led to the passing of legends. now my sword hangs in its scabbard, with nothing but memories to keep it warm.
The Following User Says Thank You to DonCorazon For This Useful Post: