View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2013, 09:29 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,422 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Windows Vista and Windows Seven Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVPERTVS View Post
Thanks a lot Andy! it´s crystal clear now.

Though regarding my past post about the changes in the new CD version (post No. 30) I was left with the idea that the only difference is the win7-8 friendly installer. But now I see that the new CD version has the consolidation patch already built into it. Is that so?

YES. It is "built in" to the recently issued CD version

That is why I explained we had only originally intended to issue a consolidation patch last year but because stocks of both CD versions were running low and had to be re-pressed the decision was made to up date them to the same version as the consolidation patch rather than press a version 5 years out of date which is why we tell people who bought the game since the new version was released to check their version number on the main screen and only DL patches that are numbered higher than that. Anyone who bought the CD version in the last couple of months will see "winSPWW2 V5-CD" so they only need to install the new V6 patch and any that follow in the years to come

NONE of this would be necessary if I had been allowed to put the games directly under C:\ when they were first released but that was in the days before Vista and Win7 and there was no real reason to argue that decision but hindsight shows my first impulse would have saved A LOT of aggravation on both sides of the issue

Don