View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2010, 08:01 PM

General

Baron Munchausen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Welcome Star Legacy Development Group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoPolo

@Baron... A lot of science fiction series come up with fantastic technologies and plotlines on how it would impact a society and what the implications of it would be as a whole. One of my favourites being the Xindi species in Star Trek Enterprise. The Xindi consisted of 6 sentient species all evolving on one planet hellbent on destroying earth. They spanned from Reptile, Insectoid, Aquatic/whale, Mammalian/yeti type, a 2nd reptilian race and an extinct avian race that was always referred to as the tragedy to the terrible legacy to the infighting many centuries ago. I to this day dont know why it was taken off the air, since every Star Trek series was flawless in their appeal. And STE was no exception, it was fresh, about the pioneering days of Starfleet and was still done with much creativity and imagination. I only regret it wasnt allowed to run its full course of 7 seasons and was ended abruptly at season 4. I have since not seen any series compare in its attention to detail and story execution. Not Stargate, Battlestar or the new V series, although they have their own styles and narratives. Its nothing compared to ST. Im hoping Star Legacy will be the flagship and example of games to come of this genre.
Star Trek is a very bad example to use for "science and technology" in fiction. Trek is very arbitrary and inconsistent. They alter the science any time they want to make a story work. I would say Trek is actually not science fiction most of the time. It's more like soap opera with some techo-trappings. That's probably the major reason it has lost its lock on the market and now has so many competitors.