View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2010, 02:19 AM

Private

nicklemarr is on a distinguished road
Lock Re: Help with mod please.

First off, I got it working. The game crashed from having too many allies being made available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgqwonkian View Post
The files won't even expand. It brings up an error message saying "The structure of the archive is damaged (Error #17540)".
-- Weird. I have no clue.

Quote:
What kinds of changes did you make? What sort of content is in your mod at this point?
-- Well first off, I am just some regular shmoe with no modding experience. Having said that, I am making the scale a lot bigger. I have added about 40 generic ships so far, about 20 unique (were allies until this error) ships. A bunch of planets. Several quests that I always thought about when I was playing other sci-fi games.

I am a terrible artist, so I use a lot of the games resources with little tweaks like hue and what not.

The biggest thing I have done is all statistical. I felt like battle were over a lot quicker than they needed to be, and that some races, like the Tan-ru, weren't as deadly as I think they would actually be. I have tweaked every item/ship in the game in addition to adding all my own. I have big plans for it, but it's really just for my own satisfaction.

Quote:
I've got a number of debugging solutions written up for various known common problems, at http://weirdworldsmods.wikidot.com/bugs
I came across that site on google a couple days ago and it pointed me in the right direction but it could be a lot more specific. Thank you though.