View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2010, 11:24 AM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: USSR vs. Germany - Tikuin, USSR

Turn 8

The enemy lost 17 more tanks up north. There are still a lot of tanks up there, but not really enough. With all the smoke, I'm being more cautious. Infantry, even without AT capability can kill a reckless tank. Most of my line is holding, but I'm pushing a few tanks forward to get better shots. Two tanks are holding close to the infantry line and it has kept two enemy armored cars in check. They don't move and I don't move. In this case a stalemate helps me since my objective is to keep them from rounding my flank. I did push one machine gun team on my infantry line forward to take the place of the destroyed bunker. It spotted an armored car sitting in the mines on the road. Other infantry popped smoke to protect him. The AC can't get through the dragon's teeth. Tanks without tanks to shoot at pounded on enemy infantry, doing some good damage.

South flank group still moving north. Heavy tanks covering their flank, just in case enemy tanks pop out of the trees. It will take 3-4 turns before the lead tank is even in position to fire and many more turns for trailing tanks. The only enemy unit down south is one squad. My column moved and would fire at it, but not diverting anyone to deal with him.

Some enemy mortars are hitting my infantry line, but nothing of concern coming out of it. Mortars are also dropping on center of my north tank group. All those heavy guns and the AI fires at real targets with 81mm mortars. Instead, the enemy is using the heavy guns to fire smoke and blast the far side of the hill my infantry is deployed on. Even with this, the enemy still has heavies that aren't firing.

Casualties

Friendly: Zero.

Enemy: 10xPzKw 38b(t), 6xPzKw IIIh and 1xPzKw IIc tanks destroyed. Estimated 30 casualties.