View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2010, 06:38 AM

Corporal

ExplorerBob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Variations in Friendliness

Variable relations seem to finally be in place.

The only problem I can see are with technical factors -- such as getting them to appear in a consistent fashion, and getting them to show up without harming anything else.

I want to hone in both these things -- make it so the variable relations for sure don't affect the appearance of other events (or are in turn affected by the map's size), but the last time I went off on a project to expand this, I ended up breaking what we already had and we didn't get anything.

Thus, here's all the code relevant to making Variable Relations work.

The testing items are still in, so you get the Timeless Bauble (for loving Muktians), and a moly cone (for hateful ones) at Haven, at the beginning of the game.

Tell me what results you get -- if there's any events that show up less because of the relations, I need to know.

Installation is simple; add the lovemuk and hatemuk stuff to the quests section of the game.ini file. You may choose to modify your existing Odd Adventures installation if you wish, but these particular files should work in any mod that has Muktians.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Variablerelations.zip (1.8 KB, 434 views)

Last edited by ExplorerBob; August 6th, 2010 at 06:40 AM.. Reason: Clarified some things