View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2009, 11:38 PM

Lieutenant General

JimMorrison is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MA Caelum - Fear of Flying

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxWilson View Post
Compare Mounted Hirdmen to Helhirdings, though, or EA Sauromancers to LA Sauromancers. And I'm not at all sure that KO applies the rules across-the-board. I do note that the Bakemono Sorceror is probably cheap partly because it has lots of oldage (although IIRC good hitpoints), and the Celestial Master is cap-only (as you noted), and the the High Seraph has Flying.
Like I said, the correlation in cost for sacred units is much stronger, probably due to the fact that most blesses do most of their work in numbers, and that blessed troops make a far greater impact in the early game, etc.

Comparing across ages though I do not think is applicable, as there are additional considerations, which is why I only compared MA mages in my short list. There are special factors in play, such as age, abilities like healing or flying, and a nation's particular proclivity for magic. But my point was that High Seraphs are pretty in line in cost/power with most of the most potent MA mages, and considering that Caelum is a powerfully (though not especially diverse) magical nation, that I doubt High Seraphs would be more than 300 (320 at the most) if sacred, meaning that you would still be at a net profit after 4-5 turns at the most, over mundane versions such as we get now.

At any rate, I fairly cry every single time a High Seraph dies, especially if it's one of my coveted A4's. I don't smile and say "yay, now with less upkeep, I can afford another in a year or so".

So while I think it's fair to say that you are more rewarded for the continued survival of a sacred mage, I don't think you are ever in any way rewarded for the death of one who is not sacred.