View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2006, 02:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

Shmonk is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Introduce yourself!! :-)

Me, I'm a 37 year old male (single, though 2 cats), in Sacramento, CA. I'm a supervisor at a company that does data conversion/manipulation of real estate data, to standardize it for our broad product line (mortgage apps, MLS websites, etc).

Been gaming my whole life, started with AD&D at age 8 or 9. I remember my grandma and grandpa bought my older brother and I the AD&D starter kit (or whatever it was called) for Christmas. We couldn't understand much of it and asked our dad for help, he looked it over and realized it was a little over our heads, and after a quick trip to the store for a PHB, DMG and MM he became our DM. He even got a few of his friends from work involved (he was a cop), so we'd play Friday nights like every other week or so, for 5 or 6 hours at a time, me and my brother with my 2 cousins and a friend of my dad's, exploring Keep on the Borderlands and other such modules. After that did he'd design his own adventures and it got even better. My main name for a god in Dom2 is "Fortu", it was the name my dad gave to an NPC that he'd have to constantly bring into the game to get us out of trouble. Ah, the memories.

Then I progressed to computer games as I got older, mainly RPG or strategy. Now I mostly read, play golf, and play the occasional computer game. Prefer solo games, this is my first long term MP game (besides EQ, tried that for a little over a year off and on). I've tried to get several frields of mine into this game, it's not their cup of tea it seems (not into turn based). Trying to get my dad hooked too, no luck yet.