View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2003, 10:04 PM

Major General

Jack Simth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Misadventures of the Missed Adventurers

ooc:[Agreed, it was necessary.]

Jack "Narp, I'm curious, how are you feeling?"

Narp "Oddly, not too bad. I've got a slight headache, but nothing even resembling the Last time."

Jack "That's about what I thought. The bandits' defenses ate my spell. You were only fully under it for about half a second."

Arthur "Didn't you say it rode adreniline?"

Jack "Yes, but it is still a spell. It mostly just enhances the effects of adreniline, and terminates itself when the supply drops past a certain level. The bandits' alchemy effectively terminated it, much as I would if I had a need to cancel it."

Back up on the tower, the bandit commander pulls a small hourglass out of a pocket. It is clear it is enchanted, as it is keeping perfect time despite the fact that the commander is holding it upside down. There's not much time left in it.

The commander views the ongoing battle. Half of his men were out of the fight, either dead or too wounded to stand, and his men had only managed to take down half of the golems. At this rate, it was likely to be a matter of mutual annhiliation.

However, this rate couldn't be kept up for much longer; the alchemist had told him with much certainty that those potions would stop working when the sand ran out, and it was almost gone. He'd always said it and he'd always been right.

The commander made a decision.

Commander "SWORDS DOWN!"

Bandit "But sir!"

Commander "YOU HEARD ME! SWORDS DOWN!"

The bandit who had spoken up reluctantly drops his weapon, and the golem he had been fighting ceases to attack him, instead turning towards a bandit still fighting. Seeing this, the other bandits can't drop their weapons fast enough. The golems then back into the stairwell, and take on a ready position, neither dropping their gaurd nor taking the offensive.

Another bandit speaks up.

Bandit "What now?"

The commander is silent a moment as he watches the Last of the sand drain out of hourglass. A moment later he clutches his head, as does the rest of the force.

Commander "Ugh, now we wait and see. Hopefully, someone we can negotiate with will arrive. Meanwhile, let's start patching people up."

[ November 02, 2003, 05:03: Message edited by: Jack Simth ]