Old April 18th, 2018, 06:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: thermal imaging...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhiir View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeraaa View Post
I don't find the scenario time in generated battles that short tbh, especially in recent patches. The battles I've played were more than 40 turns on average, even in meeting engagements, which is more than enough to beat the AI and good enough for PBEM as well.
I'm guessing ... GUESSING ... you don't play infantry heavy battles. Sometimes I get a generated battle short enough you don't even have time to move infantry from the starting zone to the battle. If there had been APCs etc. it wouldn't have been an issue.
Well you are right in that my favorite kind of force is the "balanced" mechanized force, mostly mechanized infantry with a healthy dose of tanks. Tank heavy or infantry heavy forces are not that interesting IMO (and RL biases may come into play here ). But on to the topic.

Last random generated battles I've played were something like 40 something for meeting engagements and close to 50-60 turns for advances/assaults. That is IMHO enough for even an infantry force to come close to the objectives and fight the battle, but you need to always deploy as much forward as the game permits. But if I'm wrong or you thing this is not enough, I believe you can go to the map when on the deployment screen and change the time limit for the game, so the solution is quite simple.

Or you can play in smaller maps when fighting an infantry heavy battle, that also does the trick.