View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2003, 09:33 AM

Sergeant

henk brouwer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Xerathul\'s revenge (module discussion thread)

Quote:
Originally posted by Rollo:

one problem is with the text windows that pop up after a quest is done, because DO doesn't pause the game .
Yes, I ran into that bug as well, in fact I had just finished the game, was reading the victory message, and then got killed a few seconds later . I haven't had a chance to test while pressing spacebar in this window will pause the game, I hope it does, since I rather like the text windows.
Quote:
Originally posted by Rollo:

good suggestion for the coffins. it would be fun if at least some of them could be opened like chests. easy enough to do.

for the town area: perhaps some rabbits or deer would be nice to have to kill for food. Btw, I really liked the idea of adding talk topics to all the town 'monsters' (even chickens), so they can't be slain.

Keep up the great work.
Rollo
Yes, it would be kind of odd if you could slaughter Mirjelle's sheep after you rescued them from the wolves . Good suggestion about the food.

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkstar:

One of my main problems is that the weapon store never seems to have any scepters in stock. Not sure if this is random but I haven't seen even one and my character is level 8.
Hmmn, I'm not sure about what I did with the scepters, I copied most of the store content from the crown of the magis module, but I changed some things.. Have you tried the magic store?

Quote:

For example Enchant Fire or whatever that spell was that adds fire damage to weapon attacks. I'm not seeing that happen, it seems like I'm just getting the normal damage from the scepter, without the extra fire damage. The spell is listed as always on, so not sure what the problem is there, if any.
Hmm weird.. I haven't tested all the spells for the new mod, but I'm sure that at least barkskin and a few others I tested worked, and I made the assumption that it would work for all spells.., but a character I played this weekend seemed to have some problems with the rage spell, so probably the spellsystem is broken . I'll look whether there is an easy way to fix it, but I'm afraid there isn't..

Quote:

Do you have plans to expand on your mod? If so what types of things were you thinking on adding?
I do have plans, the module has a quite dissapointing ending right now, as Rollo already found out . I'm planning to add more levels to the dungeon, with perhaps some side-branches, for varieties sake, and add a proper ending.

Besides that I also want to make the dungeon a lot more random, with quests that may show up in one game, but not in the next, and with a number of different boss-creatures that the game could choose from. ( the guy with the key on the graveyard can be a completely different monster each game, etc) In other words, make the game fun to play for a second time, the randomness is a strong point of DO and should be exploited .

But all that is probably long term, reall life is going to eat a lot of time in the coming weeks.. There might be a bug-fix for the existing levels quite soon, I might even stick some new features into that one, like coffins that can be opened and such.

Thanks for the comments!

Henk

Christmas module v1.05 (attached to first post)

Xerathul's Revenge v0.5