View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2012, 07:18 AM

Corporal

onomastikon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Conquest of Elysium 3 dev log

Thank you very much.
Unless I am mistaken, I realize that you, Mr. Parker, are a particular SP fan and (while our opionions of when a game is a "good" one for SP may differ, since you appear to rate Dom2-3 much higher on SP-applicability than I do) hence I take your words as great approval. As you can see, I am greatly satisfied with Dom3 as my NUMBER ONE multiplayer game (I cannot imagine a better one), and I am not looking for another similar one to enhance my MP experience. I need, however, a good SP fix.

I still have 2 brief questions, if I may, 1 about the product and one about the distribution.

Product: Am I right in gleaning what I could from the video that the turns are not entirely simultaneous? That is, your units move around the map and only combat is processed at the end of the turn? Or is combat also not simultaneous? (It almost looked as if you could click on stuff and give orders during combat.) I mean all this is assuming that that black screen with figures on it was the combat screen. (Will there be a battlefield with terrain or is the black screen what the devs envision?)

Distribution: Sorry to continue to pester you on this, I've never heard of Desura but if you all trust it, then that speaks for it. The lack of information there confuses me a bit, however. May I ask?
- "product is delivered digitally": so I get to DL it one time? A certain number of times? What happens when I change machines? Sorry this is important for me before preordering, which I normally never do anyhow.
- Is it like Steam in that I need to have an internet connection to play certain games (e.g. be logged onto steam to start a game launch)? Or can I DL the product and then proceed to play on laptop w/out internet? Also important for me as an SP player.
- Why is Illwinter leaving Shrapnel for Desura? Not that I am married to Shrapnel, I would MUCH prefer digital distribution anyhow (I live in Europe and dislike overseas shipping costs), and the price seems much more suited to a wider target group than Shrapnel's pricing of Dom2-3 was -- just curious really.

Thank you so very much.