View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2010, 06:32 PM

BANNED USER

ScottWAR is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New patch and multiplayer map pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Joe View Post
Is there a time limit for the battles and if so, then does the defender win if time runs out? What happens to the attackers?

If there is no time limit, I can see 'Mexican stand-offs' developing between human players (and with the AI if it's 'taught' to not move into firing range all the time. If there is a time limit, then the AI defenders should definitely be hanging back and forcing the attackers to move into range and thus gaining the first shot.

I have thought about this a LOT. I think it will be ok in multiplayer for the following reasons.......

We KNOW a player that has a clue about how to play isnt going to just move his units forward like the AI.

If the attacker isnt willing to move into range to fight he wont attack since the other player, the defender, is going to sit back. Why attack a teritory if you arent going to attack the units in the tactical battle.

So I dont see a player that has a clue what he is doing attacking a territory unless he feels he can move into range,...absorb a few attacks and still win.

Naturally there will always be that one guy...........who decides to play without knowing this, and he will attack and then realize the other player isnt going to make nice targets of his units like the AI does. He will probably want to quit or load the last save when he realizes he is going to lose everything in the battle.....