View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2020, 10:00 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: The FASTBOAT Patch page.

Don,
This by way of a status report.

First to INDIA: I see you had already entered the ARJUN MK 1-A, along with that tank there'll be changes to the ARJUN in general. Nothing major overall but I'll be looking to get the ARJUN itself removed as this is more and more appearing to have been named ONLY for the test bed units. So the ARJUN Mk-1 is looking to be the first operational type, which had 14 improvements made to it based on the OPEVALs before going into production..

Also, and I've brought this up several times over the years, but with newer information in doing the build for the ARJUN Mk-1A (And yes I see you already added it.) it looks like LAHAT is dead.

The reasons are two fold 1) We knew it was plagued by technical difficulties for years and 2) It doesn't fit India's tactical operational needs. Simply this is due to the fact LAHAT is designed as a long range engagement weapon which doesn't "turn on" until it's further down range, where Israel wants it to operate. Anything closer it'll let the MG deal with it.

India wants a ATGW it'll engage targets at a closer range if need be, this is a preference versus a need. Their MG is very close to being as good as the CHALLENGER 2 MG.

They are currently testing an ATGW to meet their needs.

USA - Still sorting through the ABRAMS posts, there just was so many pages of data, a couple "back and forth" posts as I flushed newer information (USMC FEP as an example.) etc. etc.

FRANCE - I see you fixed the MMP ATGW that had the 0 Vis. to 60 TI/GSR. That was what I had as well.

RUSSIA - Have some date changes concerning the T-80BV Series of tanks. Already researched.

But to give you something to do ,
CHANGE/SOUTH KOREA/K2 PIP/UNIT 033/TI/GSR 55/or 60 (I can see this clearly, but, I leave it to your discretion.)/vice/TI/GSR 40/FC 55/vice/FC 50/MIGHT REQUIRE LATER START DATE//The K2 PIP is the "Top Dog" in the K2 Series of tanks.
https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/moder...ck-panther.php

Now I'm going to watch APOCALYPSE NOW in 4K. Ride of the Valkyries by Richard Wagner will never have sounded better to me then it will on my YAMAHA 4k HTS. Plus the DOORS AND Soundtrack, it's going to be a good night!

CINCLANTHOME is going to LOVE THIS!!

Good Night!! Back to the GRIND tomorrow.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; February 3rd, 2020 at 10:24 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: