View Single Post
Old August 25th, 2013, 05:59 PM

First Lieutenant

zovs66 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WIP Campaign "Za Rodinu!"

My first tactic was to split my forces in two (1 set each of a Tank Platoon and Infantry Platoon, and send one up each road. It did not matter because both were ambushed by either the ATG or the StuGs and the 75 killed all three T-34 in one set of rate of fires. The StuG killed two before my surviving scout's threw a molotov on it. And then in the North when I got ambushed next to a building the Major lost. So I sent the A0 up there for the hell of it and he got whacked, end of game.

I have been playing SPWW2 and WinSPWW2 for at least 10 or 15 years, but in the second scenario the Soviets just don't have enough, even if I loaded up everything on one road I would have lost too much with any any "aux" troops on this one (yeah you got 3 BA-64s but they got smoked first, and the ATG was still hidden, when it killed all three of the T-34s.

When I drove a Truck into view it killed that no survivors and then the next two dismounted only to get shot up by the German Infantry.

That was all in the south.

In the North a measly LMG Trps killed both Scout AFV and then wiped out the scouts who were "hidden" and range set to 0.

Maybe this one needs some more support troop points added or add in two platoons of BA-64s.