Thread: Wishlist The Next World War
View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2016, 04:19 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Next World War

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDuke99 View Post
Not saying 'cyber warfare' is not important but it is, and can only be, 95%+ strategic and it really has next to no tactical applications ...
Exactly.
And since WinSPMBT is a tactical game ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDuke99 View Post
I suspect, at least at the moment, that that sort of almost 1918 style warfare (a closer match than 1862 to my mind) might be the lot of a enemy of a major Western force rather than the Western force itself, and, to be fair, the Russians and Chinese have something more like the manpower and area weapons to, maybe, make it work.
Actually more like late WW II/Korea/early Vietnam. At that time radio com below company-to-battalion level was rare and most vehicle-to-vehicle/aircraft-to-aircraft comm would be almost totally unaffected even if their ability to access GPS and share battlefield info was somehow knocked out.

For game purposes just use the scenario editor to remove everyone's radios ... walla .. less "god view" ... you can't call in accurate artillery/air as you have no spotters.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein

Last edited by Suhiir; September 18th, 2016 at 04:29 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post: