View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2017, 09:56 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: British Special Forces small arms 2017

From my experience the biggest problem most females face (ignoreing those that just don't have the right mental attitude and expect the military to conform to them rather then them conforming to the military) is hips.

Most women have issues with their biologically wider hips (compared to overall height) when it comes to running and walking distances with a load. Sheer physical strength is a fairly minor issue. Lots of smaller guys in the military aren't as physically strong as some women. Overall guys have the advantage, duh, but it needs to be looked at on a case-by-case basis under the exact same standards.

My "issue" is generalizations. Most females aren't suited to the military life, but to exclude all females based on that alone is what reasonable people, of both genders, object to. Again, I suggest we ignore the radical elements on both sides.

As to evolutionary psychology, I'm sorry, but that's an excuse not a reason. We're not governed by some inherent behavior pattern, we're influenced (strongly) by societal expectations. And those are what need to change. Just like the ones that for centuries dictated that the unwashed masses needed to be governed by the social elite (kings or priests) because they were incapable of doing so themselves.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post: