View Single Post
Old June 15th, 2008, 05:26 PM

Corporal

Panpiper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Warhammer \"Chaos Undivided\" race mod

From the previous thread:
Quote:
Noble713 said:
1. Greater Daemons. I've summoned all except for a Bloodthirster and have been rather disappointed. Why aren't they all commanders? I summoned them with the intention of having each leading its own daemon host, and instead I'm stuck trying to dig up a nature mage to give them the Gift of Reason. I don't even know what their combat performance is like (their stats are great) because they haven't left my capital.

2. Graphics tweaks for the chaos warriors/champions/lords would be greatly appreciated and flavorful.

3. Ooo, it would be nifty to have heroes from the actual Warhammer mythos. I might contribute on this, digging up the relevant fluff/stats and trying to find imagery. I've never done any Dom3 modding, maybe it's time I started.
Sorry to have been away for so long Noble.

The greater daemons are seriously powerful beasts and requiring a gift of reasoning was seen by me as an additional balancing feature. However you don't need to go searching for a nature mage to do this with Chaos. The Lord of Tzeentch can cast the spell; "Imbue Chaos", which is a slightly more expensive astral version of 'gift of reason'.

Graphic tweaks will still be coming and any aid towards fluff/stats for heroes is welcome as well.