View Single Post
Old January 14th, 2010, 07:48 PM

Corporal

ExplorerBob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Variations in Friendliness

Sorry to disappoint you, and spend more of your time, but things haven't been going well at variability central.

Testing variable relations hasn't been convenient, since the Muktians never show up on the map when the moly cone (and thus their variable relations quest) are on, but from the last times I remember bumping into them, they were stubbornly neutral.

Here's the code I'm using right now:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemuk
FLAG event
KEYS muktian

STAR 0
FLAG existing
PLNT hope
ITEM wp_projmoly
SVAR wormthink wormlove
END STAR

CONDITION 0
TYPE preenc
STR0 muktian
END CONDITION

CONDITION 1
TYPE uvar
STR0 wormthink
STR1 wormlove
END CONDITION

PAGE 0
REQ0 0
REQ1 1
ACTN popup endquest break
MUSC music/vidcast.ogg
GFXP races/muktian.jpg 0
FRND muktian
TITL Muktian Vidcast
TEXT Greetings, outdwellers. We welcome you to Muktian space. While you enjoy sanctuary, rest assured that an array of security forces stand at the ready to deal with any problems that might arise.
END PAGE

PAGE 1
REQ0 0
REQ1 1
ACTN popup endquest
MUSC music/vidcast.ogg
GFXP races/muktian.jpg 0
FRND muktian
TITL Muktian Vidcast
TEXT Hail, allies from beyond. This is Muktian space and you are welcome here. Feel safe in the knowledge that our system is protected by all of the formidable power our military can muster.
END PAGE

PAGE 2
REQ0 0
REQ1 1
ACTN popup endquest
MUSC music/vidcast.ogg
GFXP races/muktian.jpg 0
FRND muktian
TITL Muktian Vidcast
TEXT Welcome to Muktian space, far venturers. The wonders of our deep grottoes await you. You may consider this system a Haven, even as a brace of security drones have been dispatched to assure your protection.
END PAGE
I took to inserting these texts when it became evident that artificially altering a race's relations with you prevented you from seeing their normal comm text. I inserted three of them in a half-hearted attempt at randomness that I expect will fail.

The Muktian race file hasn't been tampered in any way that would affect their appearance.

Let me know what you think of this problem, and the likelihood of this quest working.