View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2018, 02:08 PM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road
Default Suggestions, observations and queries - French OoB (OBat #006)

Whilst researching / playing around at creating a campaign / series of linked scenarios for the French Foreign Legion for the war in Bosnia and beyond, I made a couple of observations about the French OoB.

Suggestions, observations and queries - French OoB (OBat #006)

A/. 20mm Mle 693 - This weapon appears 3 times with identical stats:

#059 20mm Mle 693 - Helos & "gun" APC
#081 20mm Mle 693 - APCs
#231 20mm Mle 693 - AMX-30 tank

Should one or more be a different weapon class? (#060 is the same gun but as a flak piece)

B/. 2e REP were using the McMillan TAC-50 "Big Mac" sniper rifle in Bosnia (Sarajevo Airport) in January 1993.*
Stats of this weapon (#026 in Canadian OoB) are identical to the later French Hecate 2 - therefore suggest:

Unit #368 Para Sniper have start date moved forward to Jan 1993

C/. A VERY minor one: The VAB and its variants used by the French Army is, I understand, only the 4 wheeled version (6 wheeled version is export only)
ALL currently use the same picture of a 6 wheeler

T-20 and 12,7mm versions

D/. AMX-10RCR Unit #012 - Lost amphibious capability when upgraded with additional armour, GALIX, etc.

E/. I believe the VBMR Griffon and Nexter VBMR Leger are now in service soon to be joined by the EBRC Jaguar(2019) and Leclerc Renove (2020) - Do we have stats for them (I am sure DRG & Fastboat Tough already have it covered! )

* Fighting for the French Foreign Legion by Alex Lochrie. Published 2011 by Pen & Sword Military & Hidden Soldier
by Padraig O'Keeffe, Ralph Riegel. Published 2007 by O'Brien Press.

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod