View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2010, 04:32 PM

General

WraithLord is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MP Victorious Nations/Hall of Honor II [Update 27/04/2010

Well, IMO a 2 man tie should count as win when each player get 0.5 points.
On the rarest of occasions, like on huge maps, a 3 man tie should count as well as win
More than 3 way tie shouldn't count at all as win and should probably not be reported as well.

Now, since the first and third sentences were definitives while the 2nd is not and can cause lot's of discussions and arguments I suggest we just stick to a simple rule re. ties: 2 man ties count towards victory while 3 or more man ties should only be listed but not counted as victories. There's an added benefit to this rule - more incentive for players to actually finish a game rather than end it by a coalition.

ano, most likely you'll disagree with me. That's ok since I'm not really adamant on this. As far as I care we can do it your way or Zeldor's way (although I'm personally leaning more towards Zeldor's view).
Anyway, perhaps you can post a poll that presents this dilemma so we can see what the community thinks. If the majority of the players agree with you then naturally I'll maintain the HoF that way.
I'll do so although I think this may have a negative effect on future games - like "oh, let's work the four of us together to eliminate all else; good, they're all gone, now what?- Fight it out?- Nah, let's just call it a tie and start a new game hehe"

Oh and I'm not at all implying the games you reported were anything of this sort. I know how good & competitive a player you are. I'm only presenting my concern of possible future multi-tie-spam games. Or perhaps I'm just being paranoid