View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2017, 10:46 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Post Re: SCENARIO: The Killing Grounds

A few observations and suggestions.

Many Brits are in positions with limited visibility making a "kill box" impossible.

At least one VF not placed on map

Smoke fires are late often behind advance of Russian armor.

Mine clear tanks appear after MBTs on the Russian side.

Russian scout co attacked in open field without follow up forces. The scouts were attacking not scouting.

Insufficient ATGMs given the mission

Insufficient FA guns lacking range to perform counter battery fires and without lethality to slow or fix Russian armor.

I would consider making the defense in depth. At least three lines of defence entrenched in fighting positions with ATGM teams, vehicle mounted ATGMs, then tanks and inf-ATMs.

Additionally, mines ought to be laid to deny territory so as to drive Russians into "kill zones."

Please consider placing VF concentrated within one locality rather than scatterd over the map, or at least place highest value of VFs behind the defensive line.

I hope not to sound as a sour grape, just because I got "my hat handed to me," however, I offer these suggestions because you've authored many very good scenarios.