Thread: Great game
View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2023, 06:58 AM

Private

Christocipher is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great game

Hi Jovs66 I mean moving in trenches not fighting in trenches. Hi DRG yes water but duckboards as well and sometimes they would be dry. I think the fire steps and nooks dug to keep out of the rain give a spot for people to get out of the way. Doesnt the game already have a movememt penalty for going in the same hex as other people or ammunition dumps, but anyway even with just one squad in the trenches with noone to get past they can still only go one hex. Yes they are zig zag but I think when they make them they think about building them for moving troops around quicky because there would often be a need to do that like when they take out all the people in them for rest and put in new ones. Didnt they also go into underground hidy holes when they were shelled and had to quickly get back to the MGs as soon as the shelling stopped. Or maybe even harder they took the MGs with them and had to get them back to the firing place quick. Then they need to bring up ammunition to the MGs quick as well. Communication trenches I think are straighter and clear and are for moving people quickly. I just saw that impassable is one hex per turn so in a trench I thought maybe it could be quicker than that because you can run around in them single file and no one can shoot at you.