View Single Post
Old August 12th, 2008, 10:14 AM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

I wasn't trying to be unhelpful Mindi. I'm sorry if it came across that way. I understand this must be a pretty rotten day for you.

Quote:
(regarding vertical space) As told to you in the moderator forum during the forum testing, there simply isn't a better way to do it.
If it is possible (and of course I don't know that it is), there is a good deal of room for rearrangement. The avatar pictures don't need to be so big (the old size was fine), and the graphs could be placed alongside all the text in the top right rather than below it. Finally there is a bit of space underneath the main header which just contains the post symbol, generally a bit of paper. This could be incorporated somewhere in the main header. All those measures together would make a big difference.

With regard to the bookmarks - yes, sorry, that is my personal opinion, and I only repeated it here to open it to debate. Sorry if that was an aggravating thing to do. I still feel that they would be used just as often if placed below the Quick Reply box - I'm certainly not suggesting they be removed! - and that would generally add to the ease of use of the site.

Regarding the number of threads on the front page, my feeling is that generally are more than 20 active at any one time. Maybe I'm wrong though. Since I guess it's easy to change at any point, it isn't a big deal.

Apologies for missing the fixed-width thing in the "please read" thread.

Quote:
This is ridiculous, if you don't know how to use an XML or CSV, simply download it as .txt (text file), save it to your desktop and click on it.
After ending up doing a lot of technical support over the last year or two with my Dom3 server, I merely venture to suggest you may be being overoptimistic. It's not a big deal though, if people aren't sure they can just post a question on the board and they will quickly find help. So disregard that point.

Quote:
Ah, but you haven't thought of a lot of other things like performance issues from large tables
Fair enough, I wondered if it might be something like that. I've never done any database programming, so couldn't form a judgement there.

Again, apologies if my tone overstepped the mark. I am honestly merely trying to help, but I think perhaps my judgement was off. Particularly in the second paragraph, which was just stupid, particularly on a day like today. Everyone is stupid sometimes.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs