Thread: Mod Warhammer MA: Empire
View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2007, 02:06 AM

Corporal

Autochthon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Warhammer MA: Empire

In WHFRP lore, the Magisters and their Colleges were answerable to the Emperor alone.

However, we are taking liberties with this in that the Emperor has either lost his mandate to rule or that is is now being seriously challenged.

We could bend the lore a bit further by introducing a inter-Collegiate schism based on this. When the Emperor is strong, then the Colleges have no problem being totally dependent on his good-will.

But if the Emperor is weak enough to be seriously challenged, members of the Colleges might try to seek alterative patronage.

If we use this sort of reckoning, then we can allow both sides to use Mages.

Or, you can have entire Orders throw their support behind a faction. I can definitely see the Amber and Jade Orders supporting the North over the South, whereas the Gold and Celestial Orders are unlikely to prefer Middenheim over Altdorf, despite their having schools in both cities.

Just a few thoughts to keep creative juices flowing...

"The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness."
- The Top 100 Things I'd Do If I Ever Became An Evil Overlord
http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html

The Brain: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Pinky: I think so, Brain, but then it'd be Snow White and the Seven Samurai...
-Pinky and the Brain

http://www.lolthulhu.com/
-Props to S.R. Krol