View Single Post
Old June 15th, 2004, 09:12 AM

Private

Shadowlord is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spacehorse on line players

Well, I for one would like to see a patch.
There's some bugs in the game that *should* be addressed... The networking is a bit buggy, and I noticed the following other [related] bug(s):

* If you are playing against the computer (not sure in multiplayer games...), you can prevent the computer from moving down/selling by pressing both the up and down arrows on the keyboard. Not sure if this is intentional. I have also seen this bug with the mouse; however, it doesn't happen every time (but can be easily demonstrated in the beginning of the game), and usually has no effect near the end of the game.

* I recently reinstalled everything, and after playing a game, I noticed that once I left the game I could not restart it, nor could I restart using the network Version. Basically, it blanks the screen, switches resolution, then goes back to desktop. Probably something with the movies; just thought I'd mention it. UPDATE: 6/15 - Tried hosting a network game today, after exiting then restarting, it would blank out as described above.

* One other bug that I had forgotten about... there's a way to win land auction w/o enough cash:
IF:
1. The computer doesn't bid
2. You have LESS money than is the minimum for the land.
Simply time it so that when the time runs out you are pushing up. You will be credited the land and debited the lands price, putting yourself in the hole. (ie. $ -355). I've recreated this enough to think its not a bug but more of a feature....

Also looking for others to play w/ Online. Speaking of which....

Can someone post the ports this game uses so I can open the firewall? Also, if the game matching software uses any ports, please post those as well. Will check any FAQs after I post this

This is a great interpretation of M.U.L.E., btw. The fish were a nice touch.

Thanks,
-Andy

[ June 16, 2004, 00:55: Message edited by: Shadowlord ]