View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2006, 04:30 PM

Private

StGabe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Upgraded e-Store!

I use Mozilla Firefox.

I would have to ask why you are the first of any online game site that I have used to require a phone number and address for my credit card. Neither ArcadeTown nor Reflexive ask for this.

I can burn a .zip file onto a CD if I want a backup. It's still not clear to me why I would want an .iso or why you would use a method that is so non-obvious to more casual users. I've got an advanced degree in computer science and this is the first time I've even seen an .ISO file -- if it was jarring to me how is it going to be to someone with less computer experience? What if I hadn't had a CD burner (most computers ship with one these days, but home-made computers or computers where the CD is busted might not)? I was never even warned that I needed one to use the file you would give me.

I just suggest doing some market research. Other online distributors of games use much more streamlined methods because a low barrier to entry will assure them more sales. The longer I dither about whether I really want to give you my address or not (actually I don't care about that stuff, but I know a lot of people who do), fail to find the "add to cart button" or get confused about which version of a game I want to buy, the less likely it is that you will get a sale from me. You must get sales out of only a small % of the people who download a demo, how much higher could you get if the full version was only a few clicks and a credit card number away?

I say this as someone honestly concerned because Weird Worlds is a great game, the type of game I'd like to see more of, and I have to wonder how much better it might sell if it had better distribution.